Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas on the Farm


It is time for me to get back to writing. I always a wonder if people even read about our farm happenings.

We had a warmer day, -17, so Garry hitched up the mares, Pip and Nan, and took everyone for Christmas for sleigh rides. Even Santa and his favourite elf showed up and took a turn with the reins.

The weather has been quite cold and it became a chore to keep the ducks warm enough until I hung a heat lamp in their building. Now when I go in to check their feed and water they are all huddled under the lamp quite happy with the heat radiating down on them. Wish I had thought of that sooner.


The sheep are all happy and cozy wearing their homemade wool coats. They also have lots of nice straw bedding to snuggle down in. I missed a photo of them still resting because when they heard me coming along they assumed I was going to give them some grain.

Time is going by quickly and before we know it there will be lambs. Around April 9th is when the first lambs are due to arrive. Well actually they won't start for over three months but we have lots to do and the time will go by quickly especially since we will all be watching the Olympics.


All of us at Wind'n'Woolly Acres (including the two goats) wish each and every one a very blessed 2010.





1 comment:

  1. Sleigh rides! How wonderful. The little horses look beautiful.
    Best New Years Wishes to everyone at Wind n' Woolly Acres :)

    ReplyDelete