Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Un-planned lambs


Here is a Clun Forest ewe with her just born twin ewe lambs. Unfortunately she was bred by a Suffolk ram, who I call Houdini, so these lambs are not purebred. Never-the-less they are terrific little lambs and shortly after this photo was taken they were both up and searching for the source of milk. In no time they had their fill and were resting comfortable by their mum.
I have two more ewes that were bred by Houdini and hope they will both lamb today. Houdini was only out a few hours and once we realized he was in the wrong area quickly rounded him up and delivered him to the buyer.

1 comment:

  1. Nice twins! They are a good size, I don't think I'd quite realized how large a Clun Forest is. :)

    I am envious of your stall panels ... we're still in the cobbled-together stage, as we evolve our property into a working farm. Lots of baling twine and woven wire!

    ReplyDelete